Sunday, 25 October 2009

Weekend Oct 24/25

Rike from Germany came on Friday night to stay for a night before meeting up with friends in a hostel up in town. Aged 16 I guess we felt a bit protective but tried not to show it but when you haven't been on a tube before and don't actually have the full address of the hostel we were pleased to have been able to help in, I hope, an informal way. Turned out she wasn't to meet her friends until 6.00 so a day in Greenwich developed. Thank goodness for the park and the market and the Naval College etc - they occupied all of the morning and after she had completed two hard Suducos (so a bright enough girl) we were still left with the afternoon - so cue bicycles. [I knew it was a good idea for Helen to get a bike]. She and I went off on the gloriously varied river side ride to the barrier and back. Turns out that she comes from a traffic free part of Fribourg and so does a good deal of cycling and comes from a fairly adventurous family who when delivering her to England (a sixth form college in Canterbury) decided to avoid most conventional means of transport and hired a yacht and sailed into Dover from Germany....

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah - sounds a bit like something got lost in translation there! Copy the blog to Mikey and it can be our very own family chat board... x

    ReplyDelete